- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Latest Akil Mitchell Items
Anthony Gill scored 13 points and Virginia scored 20 consecutive points in the second half and beat Liberty 75-53 on Saturday.
MIke Tobey scores 18 points as the Cavaliers improve to 2-1 on the season.
Roy Devyn Marble scored 24 points and Iowa ended Virginia's 19-game home winning streak with a 75-64 victory in the NIT quarterfinals Wednesday night, earning the Hawkeyes a trip to Madison Square Garden.
Justin Anderson scored 15 points, including four key free throws in the final minutes, and Virginia overcame a sloppy offensive performance to beat Norfolk State 67-56 in the first round of the NIT on Tuesday night.
Mike Tobey's tip-in with 1:46 to play in overtime gave Virginia the lead and it held on to beat Maryland 61-58, giving the Cavaliers what they hope will be a push back into the field in the minds of bracketologists around the country.
Harris and Akil Mitchell combined for 55 of the Cavaliers' points as they celebrated the 11-year anniversary of their last victory over a top 5 team by doing it again on Thursday night.
Joe Harris scored 22 points, and Virginia showed its flexibility with an uncharacteristic lights-out shooting performance in an 80-69 victory over Maryland on Sunday.
Akil Mitchell added 14 points for Virginia, including an 18-foot jumper that put them ahead to stay, as the second-stingiest defense in the country put the clamps on.
Akil Mitchell has a new ally in his search for steady confidence: leadership.