- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Latest Akil Mitchell Items
Harris and Akil Mitchell combined for 55 of the Cavaliers' points as they celebrated the 11-year anniversary of their last victory over a top 5 team by doing it again on Thursday night.
Akil Mitchell added 14 points for Virginia, including an 18-foot jumper that put them ahead to stay, as the second-stingiest defense in the country put the clamps on.
Akil Mitchell has a new ally in his search for steady confidence: leadership.
Akil Mitchell's passport is getting a workout of late thanks to a bit of basketball-related travel.
A police escort guided them to the CenturyLink Center, where they snapped cellphone pictures of the "University of Virginia" nameplate on the locker room's white cinder block wall, wore two-day-old Nike Hyperenforcer high-tops in cornea-searing orange and aimed tiny video cameras at anything that moved.
Though it was a one-possession game at halftime, Virginia's top two point producers had already experienced problems that would soon cripple the Cavaliers.
Of all the motivators in college basketball, perhaps none is as strong as graduation.
Five teams in the ACC have winning records, and the jockeying for position heats up Saturday night as Virginia heads to N.C. State. The winner will lock down fourth place in the league standings.
Akil Mitchell has heard the gripes.