- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
Latest Al Golden Items
After a difficult week for Miami's football program, the Hurricanes began looking forward with the start of spring practice on Saturday.
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Penn State's search for a new football coach might be over.
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Miami linebacker Denzel Perryman led his team in tackles this season, recently became a father and got favorable feedback from the NFL committee advising players about their draftability.
Miami football coach Al Golden said Sunday he is not a candidate for any other job, ending days of silence and speculation about his future with the Hurricanes.
Larry Johnson was one of the few bridges from the Joe Paterno to Bill O'Brien era. Now, the coaching staff holdover has strong support from his players to become the next Penn State coach.
Trey Edmunds had scoring runs of 10, 2, 4 and 1 yards for the Hokies (7-3, 4-2 ACC). Logan Thomas completed 25 of 31 passes for 366 yards, giving him consecutive games of 300 yards or more for the first time in his Virginia Tech career, and the Hokies dominated in all sorts of categories.
Thomas has turned the ball over four times in each of the Hokies' last two games, a home loss against Duke and a road setback at Boston College. The redshirt senior threw four interceptions against the Blue Devils and two more, along with two fumbles, last week.
Ten years have passed since the Atlantic Coast Conference lured Miami away from the Big East, and the ACC is finally getting what it figured would become routine when the Hurricanes joined.