- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Al Gore Items
Wesley Pruden's column "The scam that will not die" (Dec. 17) and the editorial "Al Gore, soothsayer" the same day were on the mark in ridiculing James Hansen and Al Gore for their self-serving flimflammery: promoting the notion of human-caused global warming long after the idea had been discredited by empirical science. (I think we are currently experiencing the 17th consecutive year of no global warming.)
We were all supposed to be dead by now, fried to a toasty potatolike chip. The global alarmists never quite got their story of fright and fear straight, whether by now we would be fried or frozen.
Five years ago, Al Gore predicted the North Pole's ice cap would become a fond memory, a casualty of the raging inferno of global warming. The "entire North Polar ice cap will be gone in five years," he solemnly told a German TV audience.
It’s not that Hollywood star Ben Affleck has turned Republican. But at the same time, he said that all his fundraising for Democrats has begun to leave him with a sick stomach.
Attention shoppers: The Grand Old Party has a message for you. The National Republican Senatorial Committee is intent on grabbing the attention of Black Friday bargain hunters in Louisiana, Michigan, Alaska, Iowa and Georgia — all home to Democrats who are now vulnerable for re-election in 2014 because of their fierce endorsement of Obamacare.
Just in time for the holidays: Former Vice President Al Gore has sworn off meat, eggs and dairy and gone vegan, said one person familiar with the decision.
At this point, if you had not already realized that big money is behind climate-change mania and that mania is not in your best interest, maybe you should reconsider. Who has been on the receiving end of the myriad government loans, tax incentives and outright payoffs in the name of saving the planet? Al Gore is a multimillionaire at this point. Has any of Mr. Gore's ill-gotten largesse trickled down to you yet?
Al Gore, the former vice president and famous climate-change believer, said in a speech this week that he's sure glad for Edward Snowden and the fugitive's National Security Agency leaks.
Chris Christie, en route to a blowout victory Tuesday in New Jersey, is not everybody's idea of a dreamboat, though he's bold, bright and looks like he could make a tight squeeze through the Panama Canal.