- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Al Groh Items
A team that was routed at home by Middle Tennessee and fired its defensive coordinator at midseason will get a chance to play for a BCS bowl bid.
Georgia Tech fired defensive coordinator Al Groh on Monday, hoping a change will save what has been a hugely disappointing season.
For programs that rarely play and have very different football traditions, Virginia and Penn State share a number of personnel connections.
Virginia Tech always ends its pre-practice huddles with a little question-and-answer session among coach Frank Beamer and his players. Beamer calls out a topic, the players bellow the response.
Saturday is Virginia's homecoming weekend, and former center John St. Clair is on hand to have his jersey retired at halftime. The Cavaliers also are celebrating the 80th anniversary of Scott Stadium, which opened on this day in 1931.
Previewing Week 7 in DC-area college football.
Much has changed in the two years since William and Mary's football program last visited Virginia.
The first of what could be several NCAA shoes dropped on Miami's football program Tuesday. The first thing most people thought is "poor Al Golden."
Morgan Moses knew how many eyes were fixed on him. And it wasn't just because of his imposing frame.