- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Al Harrington Items
Brooklyn was a team in a tailspin in the first two meetings won by Washington, but the roster has been revamped and the Nets are playing like a legitimate playoff team.
After Wednesday's loss, the Wizards aren't taking anything for granted against a 19-win team that has Victor Oladipo and Nikola Vucevic and averages 101 points per game at home.
Wizards rookie Glen Rice is getting more playing time, but he's still shooting just 30% from three-point range in six games with the Iowa Energy.
This is where the experience of players such as Andre Miller and Al Harrington is supposed to kick in as they take a more vocal role in the final 18 games.
The Wizards are 5-1 since Nene's knee injury but he still can play a vital part in their success by sharing his observations before, during and after games.
Drew Gooden is playing so well with the second unit that coach Randy Wittman will have some tough decisions to make when Kevin Seraphin returns.
Coach Randy Wittman had told his team to talk to each other to work out their issues in the flow of the game, but that didn't consistently happen until Andre Miller arrived and Al Harrington returned from injury.
Trevor Ariza scored 26 points, Bradley Beal added 22, John Wall had 14 points and 10 assists, and Marcin Gortat had 16 points and nine rebounds for the Wizards, who have won seven of eight.
The oldest members on the Wizards, Andre Miller, Al Harrington and Drew Gooden, made a major impact in the win vs. the Jazz, their seventh overall in eight games.