- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Al Yellon
"It was a good idea at first," Al Yellon, who runs bleedcubbieblue.com, said of the Cubs' decision to allow celebrities to take over the job the late Harry Caray handled so famously for so many years. "But it turned into a celebrity fest with D-list celebrities."
"They had good players on that team," said Yellon, before rattling off a lineup that included Hall of Famers Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo and Fergie Jenkins, along with solid players such as shortstop Don Kessinger and second baseman Glenn Beckert. "You don't have that now."