- Hagel to meet with Pakistan’s prime minister
- Kiev: Riot police deployed near protest sites
- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
Alabama Supreme Court
Latest Alabama Supreme Court Items
Former Gov. John Baldacci on Wednesday became the third prominent Democrat to bow out of the high-profile race for a U.S. Senate seat that Democrats were given a shot at winning after Republican Olympia J. Snowe decided to retire.
The former top Alabama judge known for refusing to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the state courthouse said Tuesday that he's seeking to regain his old job as chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court.
The Alabama Supreme Court's unanimous decision last month in a case called Mack v. Carmack might surprise some Americans.
One of the most effective ways to overturn a culture is not to take it on directly, but to undermine it gradually.
Sixteen protesters who refused to leave the Greenetrack casino west Alabama during a night-long standoff, including a senator, were arrested Thursday. State police were entering to seize more than 800 bingo machines.