- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Alafair Items
The Hatfield clan New Year's attack on Randolph McCoy's cabin marked a turning point in America's most famous feud _ the homestead was set ablaze, and two McCoys were gunned down. Hatfield family members and supporters were soon thrown in jail.
Let's be frank. There are few, if any, writers in the genre the French call "romans policiers" who approach the lyrical rhythm, warp and weave and the symbolism, simile and metaphor of the poetical in their work while retaining all the unsentimental, rough-edged suspense and chokehold violence of classic fiction noir.