- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Alan Etter Items
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
A D.C. firefighter died while on duty early yesterday morning of a suspected heart attack — the department's first on-duty loss in eight years.
A D.C. fire cadet who had witnessed a shooting between two cadets in the winter and who had been the victim of a stabbing in May was fatally shot early yesterday morning in a street outside a Northwest nightclub.