- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Alan Joyce
An Australian court early Monday ended the strikes and employee lockout that had abruptly grounded Qantas Airways and stranded tens of thousands of passengers worldwide, and the airline said it could fly again by afternoon if regulators approve.
Qantas Airways grounded its global fleet Saturday, suddenly locking out striking workers after weeks of disruptions an executive said could close down the world's 10th largest airline piece by piece.
Australian investigators on Thursday identified the source of an oil leak that caused a superjumbo jet's engine to blow apart in midair last month, and said a suspected manufacturing defect in the Rolls-Royce engine was to blame.
As many as half of the 80 Rolls-Royce engines that power some of the world's largest jetliners may have to be replaced after an oil leak caused a fire and the partial disintegration of one on a Qantas flight this month, the Australian national airline's chief executive said Thursday.
Silence has not proved golden for Rolls-Royce, the maker of an engine that blew apart on the world's biggest commercial jetliner this month, shooting metal scrap into the wing and setting off a plunge in the British company's stock price.
They shrieked, they gasped, they cried, they hugged _ and that was before Oprah Winfrey's studio audience got a trip to Australia.
Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce announces a first-half loss of 235 million Australian dollars ($211 million) during a press conference in Sydney, Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014.
Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said aircraft could be back in the air by Monday afternoon.