- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Alaska Airlines
Colorado Springs travelers will once again be able to fly directly to Phoenix.
Lobbying behind closed doors, Washington's largest health insurance company persuaded Republicans in the state Senate to gut a widely supported bill that aimed to reveal health care price and quality information to consumers.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air employees received an annual bonus Wednesday totaling $84 million.
Alaska Airlines says it's adding nonstop daily flights between Seattle and New Orleans, Tampa and Detroit.
Officials say a Honolulu-bound Alaska Airlines flight was forced to return to San Jose, Calif., after a power problem.
Here is a sampling of editorial opinions from Alaska newspapers:
A judge handed an 18-month prison sentence to a Hawaii man who admitted he falsely reported a possible airplane hijacking because he was drunk and trying to get even with a roommate who had put fish guts in his truck.
Alaska Airlines has equipped its fleet of Boeing 737s to routinely handle fog, but an equipment malfunction on a flight from Las Vegas Thursday night forced it to divert to Yakima because of fog in Portland.
A passenger on a commercial flight from Alaska to Oregon was arrested Monday after he reportedly tried to open the emergency exit door while the plane was preparing to land.
Proliferation of portable devices makes inflight Internet an appealing option for travelers.
Federal aviation officials were preparing to issue an order Tuesday that calls for emergency inspections on 80 U.S.-registered Boeing 737 jetliners with histories similar to a Southwest Airlines jet that had been pressurized and depressurized 39,000 times before a 5-foot-long hole opened in its fuselage.
Pilots on an Alaska Airlines flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles locked down the cockpit and alerted authorities Sunday when a flight crew grew alarmed at the behavior of three men who turned out to be conducting an elaborate Orthodox Jewish prayer ritual, officials said.
The FBI's Cold Case Initiative is investigating the 46-year-old case of a Massachusetts minister who was beaten to death in Alabama while doing civil rights work, a spokesman said Friday.