- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
Latest Alberto Contador Items
After two runner-up finishes, Cadel Evans finally stood on the top of the podium on the Champs-Elysees as champion of cycling's greatest race.
Cadel Evans seized the Tour de France yellow jersey in the next-to-last stage Saturday, all but giving Australia its first victory in cycling's showpiece event and capping one of the most dramatic races in years.
If Andy Schleck is to finally win the Tour de France, he's going to have to overcome one final obstacle on his own.
Andy Schleck led a daring attack in the Alps to win the 18th stage of the Tour de France on Thursday, putting him within seconds of the yellow jersey and quashing Alberto Contador's hopes of a fourth title.
MONTPELLIER, FRANCE | With the Tour de France heading toward its decisive stages, there still is no favorite in a wide-open race that is fueling the passions of French fans who hope Thomas Voeckler holds his lead against all odds.
Spain's Luis Leon Sanchez won the ninth stage of the Tour de France on a wild day of crashes, while France's Thomas Voeckler finished second to take the leader's yellow jersey from Thor Hushovd.
Portuguese rider Rui Alberto Costa won the eighth stage of the Tour de France after withstanding a late attack from Philippe Gilbert on Saturday, while Thor Hushovd kept the leader's yellow jersey.
Edvald Boasson Hagen of Norway led a sprint to win the rain-splattered sixth stage of the Tour de France, while his countryman Thor Hushovd retained the yellow jersey Thursday.
After two days of racing at the Tour de France, defending champion Alberto Contador appears to be in trouble.