- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court declines to hear challenge to N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Albrette "Gigi" Ransom
Before he resigned and admitted to stealing $350,000 from the District, former D.C. Council member Harry Thomas Jr. expressed concern that much of the city's medical marijuana cultivation would take place in a small slice of his Northeast ward.
"As we all know, historically Mr. Barry has been a defender for the underserved and those whose voices are not heard," said Albrette "Gigi" Ransom, an advisory neighborhood commissioner in Ward 5 who supports "the spirit" of multiple ex-offender bills before the council.
She noted that the four at-large council members should be able to provide assistance during the process.