- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
Latest Aldo Rebelo Items
Brazil Sports Minister Aldo Rebelo, the government official in charge of preparations for the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics, says he will likely leave his post in December.
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff signed into law a contentious bill giving FIFA the required guarantees to organize the 2014 World Cup on Wednesday, but one of her vetoes will force soccer's governing body to negotiate the sale of discounted tickets with the states and cities.
A government watchdog group is warning Brazilian authorities that planning delays could compromise the 2014 World Cup.
Brazil's sports minister says the government remains committed to approving the sale of alcohol inside World Cup stadiums even though Congress is divided on the issue.