- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Alec Baldwin Items
The night of poetry began with the verse of Emily Dickinson set to television music, peaked with a shaman-esque chant by Patti Smith and ended with Alec Baldwin making good on his college English studies with a flawless recital of Edgar Allan Poe's "Annabel Lee."
Actors Alec Baldwin and Kevin Spacey are expected to visit Capitol Hill to press Congress to preserve arts funding amid budget cuts.
David Letterman, Tina Fey and "Modern Family" are among the laugh-getters being honored at the first annual Comedy Awards.
It was practically preordained that Hollywood would greenlight a remake of "Red Dawn." The new film is due out later this year, but MGM's attempt to retell the story in a post-Soviet world, this time with Red China as the aggressor, is already facing its own controversy.
The Lewis Carroll update "Alice in Wonderland" won the first prize at the Academy Awards on Sunday, claiming the art direction Oscar over a field including best-picture favorite "The King's Speech."
To the movie industry, the Oscars are an awards ceremony. For the rest of us, they're a show. So while we couldn't recall last year's best picture on a bet (Cameron's blue-aliens movie? No, wait, it was "Hurt Locker" from his ex!), we savor the memory of Billy Crystal's great opening bits and Jack Palance's one-armed push-ups and brave Christopher Reeve onstage, alone, in a wheelchair.
The monumental $315 million merger of the Web-based Huffington Post and Internet pioneer AOL announced Monday could prove either a canny business alliance or expensive folly.
"The Fighter" co-stars Christian Bale and Melissa Leo have swept the supporting-acting honors at the Screen Actors Guild Awards for their roles in the boxing drama.
"The King's Speech" won the best-actor trophy Sunday for Colin Firth and a second honor for its overall cast at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.