- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Alex Avila Items
One victory to reach the World Series.
Boston returns to Fenway Park with a 3-2 lead in the AL championship series. The Red Sox can win the American League pennant Saturday, when the Tigers' Max Scherzer faces Boston's Clay Buchholz in Game 6.
The Tigers were cruising to their second straight win at Fenway Park, with starter Max Scherzer taking a no-hitter and a 5-0 lead into the sixth inning. But with one swing, Big Papi changed everything.
The majors' highest-scoring team during the regular season, the Red Sox were shut out at Fenway Park in the postseason for the first time in 95 years.
Given the ball from manager Jim Leyland ahead of Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer struck out 11 and dazzled with an array of effective pitches as the Tigers grabbed the lead in their AL division series against the Oakland Athletics with a 3-2 win Friday night.
Detroit catcher Alex Avila is out of the starting lineup, a day after he was hit in the mask by a foul ball and forced to leave a game.
The Nationals' victory over the Tigers on Thursday was their sixth in the past seven games as they improved to 19-15.
Since there's no Quadruple Crown in baseball, it will be awfully tough for Miguel Cabrera to top his performance from 2012.
Frost coming off their breath, Pablo Sandoval and the San Francisco Giants finished their workout at Comerica Park, headed back to the clubhouse and pulled off their hooded sweatshirts and parkas.