- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
Latest Alex Avila Items
Miguel Cabrera had a single in three at-bats soon after the announcement of his $292 million, 10-year contract as the Detroit Tigers topped the Tampa Bay Rays 6-3 Friday in the final Grapefruit League game for both teams.
The Detroit Tigers have avoided arbitration with Alex Avila by agreeing to terms on a one-year contract with their No. 1 catcher.
One victory to reach the World Series.
The majors' highest-scoring team during the regular season, the Red Sox were shut out at Fenway Park in the postseason for the first time in 95 years.
Detroit catcher Alex Avila is out of the starting lineup, a day after he was hit in the mask by a foul ball and forced to leave a game.
Alex Avila's RBI single with two outs in the 11th gave the Detroit Tigers a 3-2 victory over the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday, one inning after center fielder Austin Jackson kept the game tied with a spectacular catch.
The Yankees and Red Sox are both 0-3 for the first time in 46 years.
Detroit closer Jose Valverde held off a furious New York ninth-inning rally and the Tigers avoided a major slip-up, beating the Yankees 5-3 on a rainy Sunday and evening their best-of-five AL playoff series at one game apiece.
Los Angeles Angels ace Jered Weaver will appeal the six-game suspension he drew Tuesday from Major League Baseball for throwing a pitch over the head of Detroit's Alex Avila last weekend.