- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
Topic - Alex Conant
Florida is the biggest prize in the 2012 election, so it's no coincidence that the GOP nominating convention will be in Tampa, Sen. Marco Rubio is being discussed as a possible vice-presidential pick, and there are Floridians in leadership roles at both national parties.
Spokesman Alex Conant says Rubio will be back in Washington in time for Senate business Thursday morning.
"We'll continue to work with other senators on language that addresses the constitutional issues, but he wanted to co-sponsor Graham's legislation because he agrees with the bill's goals," said Alex Conant, a Rubio spokesman.