- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Alex Ferguson Items
Like his former Manchester United boss, Alex Ferguson, David Beckham picked the right time and best way to retire _ as a winner and before the worst ravages of age became painfully apparent.
Frank Lampard earned the top spot in the weekly Associated Press global soccer poll for the first time after setting Chelsea's career goals record.
In front of tens of thousands of flag-waving and chanting fans, Manchester United players and retiring manager Alex Ferguson paraded the Premier League trophy through packed city streets on a second day of jubilant celebrations for the English champions.
Manchester City fired manager Roberto Mancini on Monday, exactly one year after he delivered the club's first English league title in 44 years.
It was the end of an era at Manchester United on Sunday as Ferguson coached his final home match for a club he has led for nearly 27 years. And he had a 38th piece of major silverware to celebrate.
For almost 27 years, fans at Old Trafford have watched Alex Ferguson vent his anger, berate officials, check his watch and make celebratory jigs down the sideline.
Manchester United will attempt to make a smooth transition when Alex Ferguson leaves the dugout for the last time this month, with David Moyes expected to take over the managerial reins.
David Moyes inherited one of the toughest and most coveted jobs in soccer on Thursday _ succeeding Alex Ferguson as manager of mighty Manchester United.
United said the Everton manager was given a six-year deal and will take charge of the newly crowned Premier League champions from July 1.