- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
Latest Alex Ferguson Items
Alex Ferguson is looking forward to a retired life of luxury vacations, watching thoroughbreds, enjoying good wines and perhaps studying languages.
Like his former Manchester United boss, Alex Ferguson, David Beckham picked the right time and best way to retire _ as a winner and before the worst ravages of age became painfully apparent.
In front of tens of thousands of flag-waving and chanting fans, Manchester United players and retiring manager Alex Ferguson paraded the Premier League trophy through packed city streets on a second day of jubilant celebrations for the English champions.
It was the end of an era at Manchester United on Sunday as Ferguson coached his final home match for a club he has led for nearly 27 years. And he had a 38th piece of major silverware to celebrate.
For almost 27 years, fans at Old Trafford have watched Alex Ferguson vent his anger, berate officials, check his watch and make celebratory jigs down the sideline.
Manchester United will attempt to make a smooth transition when Alex Ferguson leaves the dugout for the last time this month, with David Moyes expected to take over the managerial reins.
United said the Everton manager was given a six-year deal and will take charge of the newly crowned Premier League champions from July 1.
David Moyes is leaving Everton after the season and wants to replace Alex Ferguson as manager of Manchester United.
David Moyes inherited one of the toughest and most coveted jobs in soccer on Thursday _ succeeding Alex Ferguson as manager of mighty Manchester United.