- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Alex Ferguson Items
Led by Pep Guardiola and inspired by Lionel Messi, this Barcelona team could have gone down in football history as the best club team ever, unequivocally and definitively surpassing Real Madrid's stars from the 1950s, Johan Cruyff's Ajax, AC Milan coached by Arrigo Sacchi, Bayern Munich's triple European champions in the 1970s and perhaps a few others.
Manchester United says Wayne Rooney will miss the Europa League match against Ajax on Thursday because of a throat infection.
Harry Redknapp said Friday his focus remains on Tottenham's pursuit of Champions League qualification _ until an approach is made for the vacant England coaching job.
Already considered one of soccer's greats at age 24, Lionel Messi on Monday became the first to win FIFA player of the year three times in a row.
Blackburn pulled off the biggest surprise of the Premier League season, defeating Manchester United 3-2 at Old Trafford on Saturday to spoil Alex Ferguson's 70th birthday.
Alex Ferguson celebrated his 70th birthday Saturday by pledging to stay as Manchester United's manager for at least another three years.
Manchester City enters Christmas as the top team in England for the first time since 1929. Back then, City failed to stay the course. It had to wait until 1937 to win the title and until 1968 to do so again.
As with Elvis Presley's death or the Moon landing, those who care about Manchester City can recall where they were and what they were doing when a billionaire sheik from Abu Dhabi radically rerouted the trajectory of their soccer club and threatened to darken Alex Ferguson's twilight years as manager of rival Manchester United.
Some of the Premier League's foreign owners want to abolish the relegation and promotion system, a senior English soccer executive said Monday.