- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Alex Poythress
The Wildcats, who finished last season with an NIT opening-round loss at Robert Morris, received 27 first-place votes and 1,546 points from the 65-member national media panel. Michigan State was a close second.
Kentucky has been knocked on its heels again after two straight road losses, a major blow to the defending national champion's postseason hopes.
The 6-foot-10 forward was hurt during the No. 25 Wildcats' 69-52 loss at No. 7 Florida on Tuesday night. Noel ran into the padded basket support with about eight minutes remaining after blocking Mike Rosario's layup from behind.
Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel was scheduled for an MRI on his left knee Wednesday after X-rays were negative.
"I'm probably disappointed in myself because I realize I could give more effort out there," said forward Alex Poythress, who had just four points and four rebounds against Georgia. "I feel this season I kind of let some things go by ... not going all out sometimes. You know, it's time to change."