- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Alex Urbom
Capitals assistant coach Calle Johansson says a mix of blame needs to fall on the coaches and players for the team's poor defensive play.
After making him a healthy scratch the past 17 games, the Caps have placed defenseman Alex Urbom on waivers.
The Capitals are hoping Marty Erat and Dmitry Orlov can increase their trade value against the Islanders, who have lost eight of their last 10.
Alex Ovechkin moved past Alexander Steen and into first place among NHL goal scorers with his 18th and 19th goals of the season.
With John Erskine's surgically repaired knee swelling up after most workouts, it's hard to say if he'll be 100 percent at any point this season.