- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Alexander Fleming
Sir Alexander Fleming (6 August 1881 – 11 March 1955) was a Scottish biologist and pharmacologist. Fleming published many articles on bacteriology, immunology and chemotherapy. His best-known achievements are the discovery of the enzyme lysozyme in 1923 and the antibiotic substance penicillin from the fungus Penicillium notatum in 1928, for which he shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1945 with Howard Walter Florey and Ernst Boris Chain. - Source: Wikipedia
Here are Saturday's results in the finals of the Colorado Class 1A state track and field championships at Jefferson County Stadium. (Running events in meters):
Here are Friday's results in the finals of the Colorado Class 1A state track and field championships at Jefferson County Stadium. (Running events in meters):
A former state fire battalion chief's knowledge of the outdoors and ability to fade into the wilderness by drawing on skills and resources he used on his job makes the search for him more complicated and dangerous, authorities said Friday.
In a story April 30 about a corrections officer smuggling contraband into a Washington jail, The Associated Press, relying on information from the U.S. Attorney's Office, reported erroneously that the charged individual, Lenard Fleming, was a current employee of the Corrections Corporation of America, which runs the jail facility. The company says Fleming was terminated Feb. 11.
Third- and fifth-place results Saturday from the Colorado Class 2A state high school wrestling tournament at Pepsi Center:
Semifinal results Friday from the Colorado Class 2A state high school wrestling tournament at Pepsi Center:
First-round results Thursday from the Colorado Class 2A state high school wrestling tournament held at Pepsi Center:
First-round pairings for the Colorado Class 2A state high school wrestling tournament, which will be held Thursday, February 20, at Pepsi Center:
Nate Bennett-Fleming wants D.C. residents to ramp up the city's push for statehood, but he isn't taking any chances.