- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Alexander Semin
Three days after being traded to the New Jersey Devils, Tuomo Ruutu had one of those storybook games against his former Carolina Hurricanes teammates.
Even coach Bruce Boudreau acknowledged the Anaheim Ducks played perhaps their most dynamic hockey of the season early in their 5-3 win over Carolina on Sunday night.
Ryan Miller was more concerned about overcoming jetlag than thinking about providing a memorable send-off in what could potentially have been one of the goalie's final games for the Buffalo Sabres.
A few hours after Alex Ovechkin awoke on the NHL's chartered luxury jet Monday, he was among the first Russians on the Olympic ice for practice.
The NHL's top goal-scorer and reigning MVP joined the Russian team for its first full practice Monday at the Bolshoy Ice Dome, where the men's hockey final will wrap up the Sochi Games next weekend.
The divisions changed for the Carolina Hurricanes and Florida Panthers.
The previous time the Carolina Hurricanes had a month like this, a rare playoff appearance soon followed.
The Carolina Hurricanes talked in the locker room before Monday night's game about how they felt they were due for a win against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
The Carolina Hurricanes maintained their home dominance against the Ottawa Senators, this time in a win that featured a combined seven-goal second period.
Matt Calvert and Brandon Dubinsky each had a goal and assist to lead the Columbus Blue Jackets to a team-record eighth-straight win - and the longest active streak in the league - with a 5-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday night in the franchise's 1,000th game.
A castoff in Buffalo, Andrej Sekera is proving to be a big contributor in Carolina.
Nathan Gerbe enjoys working on trick shots in practice, so he figured why not try it in a game.
Mark Barberio can finally get a haircut.
It looks as if Alexander Semin got the message.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Coach Kirk Muller and the rest of the Carolina Hurricanes are making the most of a makeshift lineup.
Jeff Skinner scored the go-ahead goal in the second period, Alexander Semin added an empty-netter with 1:04 left and Nathan Gerbe scored on an early power play.
"I'll just say that every game is different," the understated Semin said. "You approach and play every game different. Today, I just decided to shoot it, and I scored."