- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Alexander Semin Items
The Buffalo Sabres have brought out the worst in the Washington Capitals this season.
Jason Chimera's two goals Friday night vaulted him back into the Washington Capitals' lead for goals this season.
Before Tuesday night, the last time Alex Ovechkin, Nicklas Backstrom and Alexander Semin scored in the same game was Oct. 30, 2010.
Three goals. Three games. One win thrown into the mix to engender some optimism, but the Washington Capitals seem to be lacking answers for what's wrong on offense.
Tuesday's practice featured a noticeable change: Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin flanking leading scorer Nicklas Backstrom on the Caps' top line.
Alexander Semin stood by himself along the boards while his Washington Capitals teammates did line rushes at Saturday's morning skate. He stayed out on the ice with the young guys — Mathieu Perreault and Cody Eakin — well after everyone else jumped off.
Zach Bogosian's elbow made contact with Washington Capitals rookie Cody Eakin's head. That was enough to warrant a Thanksgiving Day hearing for the Winnipeg Jets forward with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.
For a team that dreams of cavorting with the Stanley Cup, the Washington Capitals sure have a lot of drama.
Alexander Semin's wardrobe for Tuesday night was a suit and a winter hat. For the first time under coach Bruce Boudreau and the first time since his rookie season in 2003-04, the Russian winger was a healthy scratch.