- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
Latest Alexander Urbom Items
Braden Holtby did not expect to play Friday against the streaking Montreal Canadiens. But when scheduled starter Michal Neuvirth was injured in warmups, Holtby was not only the next man up, he was the only man up. With video coach Brett Leonhardt hastily signed to back him up, Holtby made 35 saves plus two more in a shootout to carry the Washington Capitals to a 3-2 victory.
When Schmidt signed with the Capitals last season and was sent to Hershey of the AHL, Oleksy provided something that really helped Schmidt out. When Schmidt was recalled by the Caps last week, Oleksy was there to help again.
The Caps would be heading to Dallas with an 0-2 mark if not for the work Michal Neuvirth did after coach Adam Oates decided to pull Braden Holtby 16:22 into the game with the Caps already down 3-0.