- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Alexandre Giroux
The Columbus Blue Jackets have assigned forward Cam Atkinson to and recalled forward Alexandre Giroux (jux-ROO') from their American Hockey League affiliate in Springfield, Mass.
With an eye to the future and Capitals general manager George McPhee in attendance, three of the Washington's top prospects helped the Hershey Bears win their American Hockey League-record 11th Calder Cup title, closing out the series with a 4-0 win over the Texas Stars Monday night at Giant Center.