- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Alexis Dejoria
Alexis DeJoria topped Funny Car qualifying, and fellow female racer Erica Enders-Stevens led the Pro Stock field Saturday in the NHRA Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway.
Alexis DeJoria topped Funny Car qualifying, and fellow female racer Erica Enders-Stevens led the Pro Stock field Friday in the NHRA Summer Nationals at Atlanta Dragway.
Alexis DeJoria won in Funny Car and Erica Enders-Stevens topped the Pro Stock field Sunday in the SummitRacing.com NHRA Nationals for the second female double in NHRA history.
Alexis DeJoria raced to her first career Funny Car victory Sunday in the CARQUEST Auto Parts NHRA Nationals, beating Robert Hight in the final.
Del Worsham was hesitant to use the word "retirement" when he stopped racing cars because he never had any intention of not being involved in NHRA.
Alexis DeJoria remembers the first time she was speeding _ and she did it with her father's blessing.
"If it happens tomorrow, great," DeJoria said. "We just want to keep going rounds. First things first, we've got to get past first round and get past Tony Pedregon."
"Back in the pit, Tommy (DeLago, crew chief) said he was going to try and run something close to a 4.02, and he said if the track calls for it, that's what we're going to try for," DeJoria said. "I was just hoping it would go down the track and run a good number. It was nice and cool out, and the track held it, and I was just amazed when he said a 4.01 over the radio."