- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Topic - Aliou Hamahar Toure
Islamic police said they used a stage in a public square to amputate the right hand and left foot of five accused thieves on Monday, in the latest application of Sharia law in the country's north.
Election results released Monday gave an edge to the pro-China faction in Hong Kong's legislature, where power is split between those aligned with Beijing and those who favor further democratic reforms.
They were then transferred to the Gao hospital, Commissioner Toure said.
He told the Associated Press by telephone that the five victims had held up passenger buses leaving the city, including those belonging to the popular fleet owned by Rimbo Transport.