- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Alisa Kleybanova
Alisa Kleybanova defeated third-seeded Petra Kvitova 6-2, 7-6 (3) to provide the first major upset at the Porsche Grand Prix on Wednesday.
The Kastles secured their fourth finals win in the past five years in front of an announced crowd of 2,670 fans who waited out a two-hour rain delay before the match began. Hingis, in her first season with the Kastles, was elated to win the title at home.
Alisa Kleybanova of Russia won the first match she's played since being diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma last May at the Sony Ericsson Open on Tuesday.
Former top-20 tennis player Alisa Kleybanova is receiving treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer.
Caroline Wozniacki moved within one victory of regaining the No. 1 ranking after beating Japan's Ayumi Morita 6-1, 6-0 Thursday to reach the quarterfinals of the Dubai Championships.
Former No. 1-ranked Dinara Safina put an end to a series of early round exits with a 6-1, 7-6 (2) victory over Alona Bondarenko on Monday night at the Mercury Insurance Open.
"Maybe the score looked easy, but the match wasn't really easy today. We had a lot of fighting in many games," said Kleybanova, who had beaten Zvonareva twice.
In a posting on the WTA's website Friday _ her 22nd birthday _ Kleybanova said there's a chance she'll be able to play again.