- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Latest All-Star Games Items
The situation couldn't have fit Tyler Clippard better.
On a summer day in 1991, Jerry Hairston Jr. made his way into the stands at Comiskey Park. The starting catcher for his Naperville, Ill., high school team, Hairston's interest was piqued when he heard there was a 19-year-old making his major league debut behind the plate for the Texas Rangers.
Say this much for the Cleveland Cavaliers: They don't take rejection lying down. A year after LeBron James jilted them for the Miami Heat, reducing a 61-win team to a 19-win team, they're reportedly trying to regain their mojo with one bold move. ESPN The Magazine, citing NBA sources, says the Cavs want to acquire the second pick in the draft to go with the first (which they lucked into in the lottery).
The last time the Wizards were at the Staples Center, John Wall was participating in the All-Star skills challenge, dishing off a lob pass to Clippers star Blake Griffin for a monster dunk in the Rookie Challenge game, and JaVale McGee was dunking multiple basketballs in the All-Star dunk contest.
The Washington Nationals have contacted commissioner Bud Selig to make their pitch to play host to an All-Star Game in their Anacostia Waterfront ballpark, which is scheduled to open in 2008.