- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Alumni Stadium
Alumni Stadium is a football stadium located on the campus of Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, approximately six miles west of downtown Boston. The stadium lies within the city limits of Boston, although its postal address is Chestnut Hill. It is the home of the Boston College Eagles. Its present seating capacity is 44,500. - Source: Wikipedia
New Boston College athletic director Brad Bates is looking for a football coach who "oozes integrity," someone who cares about the students and someone who wins.
Previewing Saturday's college football in the D.C. area.
Caleb Rowe's first career start was alternately bumpy and slick, with one successful comeback and another rally cut short by an unwise decision.
Maryland has gone through more quarterbacks than any team could expect this season. It's had its share of close losses as well. The latest unfolded Saturday at Alumni Stadium as first-time starting quarterback Caleb Rowe was intercepted in the final minute as Boston College escaped with a comeback 20-17 victory.
Previewing Saturday's D.C.-area college football.