- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Alyssa Thomas Items
Thomas scored 24 points to set the program record midway through the second half of Friday's 73-70 loss to No. 13 North Carolina in the quarterfinals. The 6-foot-2 senior is now 12 away from passing Juan Dixon for the most points by a men's or women's player heading into her final NCAA tournament.
Alyssa Thomas wasn't in position to appreciate setting Maryland's career scoring record, not after the No. 8 Terrapins' quick exit from their final Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
A second half comeback by the Lady Terps fell just short, as UNC moves on to the semifinals.
Jewell Loyd scored 17 points to lead No. 2 Notre Dame past Florida State 83-57 on Friday in its Atlantic Coast Conference tournament debut.
North Carolina's Allisha Gray barely got to play in her Atlantic Coast Conference tournament debut. She more than made up for it in Friday night in the quarterfinals, turning in a big performance that helped make Maryland's final trip here a short one.
Maryland's Alyssa Thomas won her third straight Atlantic Coast Conference basketball player of the year award, and Notre Dame's Muffet McGraw was selected coach of the year.
It's conference tournament week in women's basketball with the NCAA tournament about two weeks away.
Notre Dame and Duke each had two players selected to the all-Atlantic Coast Conference women's basketball first team.
Alyssa Thomas almost got through her postgame speech without tears.