- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Amalgamated Transit Union
Latest Amalgamated Transit Union Items
Portland's regional mass-transit agency must improve transparency, address safety concerns and get a handle on more than $1 billion in unfunded financial obligations, a state audit concluded.
Despite a labor strike keeping trains out of service, two workers inspecting the tracks of a San Francisco Bay Area transit system were hit and killed by a train returning from a routine maintenance trip, officials said.
More than 8,000 New York City school bus drivers and matrons went on strike over job protection Wednesday morning, leaving some 152,000 students, many disabled, trying to find other ways to get to school.
More than 8,000 New York City school bus drivers and aides went on strike Wednesday morning, leaving some 152,000 students, many disabled, scrambling to find other ways to get to school.