- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
Topic - Amanda Marcotte
Gay marriage supporters have argued for awhile that traditionalists would be better putting their energy into shoring up traditional marriage rather than opposing same sex unions. Some state legislators are now doing just that.
think about what divorce means," Marcotte writes, "the government can encourage/make more couples give up on the idea and recommit themselves to marriage.
"Clearly, the height of a woman's happiness is being saddled for life with a man who barely puts up with her because he fears he can't get sex anywhere else," she wrote Thursday on Slate.com.