- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Topic - Amanda Morris
Fourteen states are still undecided about applying for the Obama administration's $500 million Early Learning Challenge, a grant program that will reward states for improvements to prekindergarten education.
In Tennessee, the matter is "still under discussion," said Amanda Morris, spokeswoman for the state's Department of Education.