- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Amber Lee Ettinger
Model and actress Amber Lee Ettinger became a national sensation when her 2007 YouTube video "Crush on Obama" tallied nearly 25 million hits, eventually landing the 29-year-old New Yorker on "Saturday Night Live."
Angelina Jolie, for the last 10 years a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, has accepted a position as Special Representative on the Afghan refugee situation, the U.N. announced Tuesday in Geneva.
Despite prodding from Fox News host Sean Hannity, Miss Ettinger refused to say during a June interview that Mr. Obama "has failed"; in the same month, she released another video imploring Mr. Obama to "step up, 'cause I need that man, if my old crush on you was true/'Cause across the land … all our hearts were bet on you."