- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Amber Riley
Busy cancer patient Valerie Harper leads a class of 12 amateur hoofers in the upcoming 17th season of "Dancing With the Stars."
Yes, 106 songs from the "Glee" cast have landed on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. And yes, the cast's five albums have reached platinum or gold status. And yes, the stars of the show performed on a sold-out tour.
"It's really weird because these are people who have actually helped the show," 24-year-old Riley said of the Train tune and Paramore's "The Only Exception."
"It's weird because I feel like we're not necessarily a singing group," said Amber Riley, who stars as diva-like glee club member Mercedes Jones. "We just do it for television, so to be recognized as a group ... it's just is really weird. I guess we weren't really expecting it being on a TV show."