- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Topic - American Atheists
American Atheists is an organization in the United States dedicated to defending the civil liberties of atheists and advocating for the complete separation of church and state. It is most famous for its founder, Madalyn Murray O'Hair, who disappeared with almost $550,000 of the organization's money and was later found murdered by another employee of the group. - Source: Wikipedia
One of the nation's leading atheist groups has lost another round in its legal battle to remove steel beams found in the shape of a cross after the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center, now on display at New York's new National Sept. 11 Memorial and Museum.
Social media exploded Tuesday after news broke that an atheist outreach organization would be allowed at this year's Conservative Political Action Conference.
The Supreme Court handed a victory to atheist groups Monday, declining to hear a case on roadside crosses honoring fallen Utah state troopers in a move likely to intensify the debate about the constitutionality of religious symbols on public property.