- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
American Civil Liberties Union
Latest American Civil Liberties Union Items
A federal judge has allowed the American Civil Liberties Union to file a brief in a lawsuit filed by Roman Catholic organizations in Wyoming.
A judge has ordered the Livingston County jail to stop intercepting mail sent to inmates from the American Civil Liberties Union.
The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is suing the town of Smithfield to keep it from enforcing a ban on anonymous political literature.
The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking to enter a pending federal lawsuit to argue against Roman Catholic organizations in Wyoming that are trying to block the birth-control coverage requirement in the federal health care overhaul.
The American Civil Liberties Union says it's filing a lawsuit to enforce the legal rights of about 300 same-sex couples who were married during a one-day window between separate federal court decisions.
A month after Michigan's same-sex marriage ban was overturned, the state is vigorously defending another law that's being challenged by gays and lesbians: a prohibition on domestic partner benefits for employees in public schools and local governments.
The U.S. Sentencing Commission approved Thursday an amendment to reduce sentencing guidelines for certain nonviolent drug offenses, a unanimous decision that nonetheless included a sharp rebuke of Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.
A federal judge has issued a permanent injunction prohibiting a St. Louis County town from ticketing drivers for flashing their headlights to warn other drivers that police are nearby.
The American Civil Liberties Union has a reputation for serving as a "guardian of liberty," protecting our privacy and the First Amendment rights of speech, association and assembly.