- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - American Civil Rights Union
The American Civil Rights Union is a civil liberties organization founded by former Reagan Administration official Robert B. Carleson in 1998. The ACRU has filed amicus briefs in all of the major court cases involving the Boy Scouts of America since the 2000 U.S. Supreme Court case of "Boy Scouts of America v. Dale", defending the Boy Scouts' right to create their own criteria for membership. Peter Ferrara is the ACRU Legal Director, and Susan Carleson is the Chairman. - Source: Wikipedia
Holder is cool with marijuana, but not with preventing election fraud
Ever feel like an "outsider?"
While the Obama administration pushes to stop people from being purged from voter rolls, a conservative-leaning group is pressing localities to clean up their lists — including suing two Mississippi counties where more names appear on the rolls than there are eligible voters.
Jefferson Davis County in southwest Mississippi has the distinction of being named after Confederate States of America President Jefferson Davis. That's good or bad, depending on whether you regard what occurred between 1861 and 1865 as the Civil War or as the War Between the States.
Slowly, inexorably, the monster is being driven back to its lair. Its days of terrorizing villagers may soon be over. I wish I were talking about the federal government, but it's the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), better known as the Environmental Protection-or-else Agency.
As the American Civil Liberties Union prowls the land to muzzle public prayers, rip out Ten Commandments monuments and terrify small towns over Nativity scenes, help may be on the way from the U.S. Supreme Court.
America lost an unsung hero on Jan. 8 with the passing of Thomas H. Landess. To say that Tom was an accomplished Southern academic would be like saying that Robert H. Goddard was a guy who liked to tinker with rockets.
The campaign to criminalize America's response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks continues apace. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is calling on the Justice Department to investigate George W. Bush over his just-released memoir, "Decision Points," in which the former president says he ordered al Qaeda suspects waterboarded in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.