- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
American Conservative Union
Latest American Conservative Union Items
President Obama on Tuesday summoned leading CEOs to the White House to showcase support for a broad immigration reform package, telling Republicans that the business community's position should make it "easy" to get the measure through the House.
"The nation is looking for a change in leadership. Many Americans wake up every day wondering if we are descending rather than ascending as a nation. And most of our citizens want to rally behind hopeful alternatives to our current path," American Conservative Union Chairman Al Cardenas tells Inside the Beltway.
Conservatives are sometimes their own worst enemy. A group of Capitol Hill aides who worked for Jim DeMint when he was a senator from South Carolina have set up a political action committee, the Senate Conservatives Fund, to cleanse Congress of whom they consider squishy Republicans. It's a worthwhile endeavor, except when the "squishes" turn out to be conservatives.
"We support the maintenance of a sufficient military to defend the United States against aggression. The United States should both avoid entangling alliances and abandon its attempts to act as policeman for the world," states the Libertarian Party in its bedrock platform statement.
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said Friday that Sen. Jeff Flake is a "strong conservative," putting him at odds with some voices in the GOP who have hammered the Arizona Republican's reluctance to embrace a government shutdown in order to stop funding for Obamacare.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has undergone lap-band surgery, vetoed gun control bills and banned anti-gay conversion therapies for minors — all while touting his ability to push conservative principles in a blue state.
Once again attempting to achieve the impossible for a single party in a two-party system, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus did his best at the RNC's summer meeting here to show respect for the many competing strains of thought in his party.
Reince Priebus, Newt Gingrich, Glenn Beck, John R. Bolton and others around Washington react to the appointment Sunday of David Keene as the Washington Times opinion editor.
With a slew of candidates who many in Virginia still don't know much about, the wide open contest for the Republican nomination to be the state's next lieutenant governor may actually come down to style over substance.