- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
- Sen. Joe Manchin sued by his brother over old loan: report
- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
Topic - American Federation Of Government Employees
Weeks after President Obama took office, John Gage, the head of the largest union for federal workers in the country, gave a speech hailing the new administration as a champion for "transparency, accountability and good government."
A coalition of union leaders on Tuesday rejected Mayor Vincent C. Gray's pick to head the District's troubled Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services and criticized the mayor for abandoning campaign promises to give labor a voice in his administration.
As the Democratic chairman of the D.C. Council Finance and Revenue Committee calls for payroll cuts, a union that represents thousands of city-government workers said furloughs will be a part of the District's budget-cutting proposal.