- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - American Jewish Committee
The American Jewish Committee (AJC) was "founded in 1906 with the aim of rallying all sections of American Jewry to defend the rights of Jews all over the world. It is one of the oldest Jewish advocacy organizations in the United States. - Source: Wikipedia
Some religious groups are backing the government in the Supreme Court case over the contraceptive mandate, saying that while they believe in the freedom of worship, the Obama administration's proposal to cover women's health is the least objectionable path forward.
Facing mounting evidence of growing disaffection by American Jews with their religion and heritage, leaders within the community are proposing an ambitious "Jewish Head Start" program to teach the history and religion of the Jewish people to preschoolers — for free.
Secretary of State John F. Kerry on Monday pushed for the resumption of the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process, saying the status quo is not sustainable and time is running out.
Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected by the Vatican's papal conclave last week after five rounds of voting. He took the name Pope Francis -- after St. Francis of Assisi, the revered Italian friar who founded the Franciscan Order -- and became the first Jesuit and first leader from the Americas of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics.
On HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher," filmmaker Julian Schnabel said his controversial new feature "Miral" "actually shows Palestinians how we wish they would be: peaceful." Dear reader, I think Mr. Schnabel has stumbled upon a ritual that could prove even more transcendentally beneficial than yoga meditation.
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf has long worked to bridge divisions, be they fissures between interfaith husbands and wives or political chasms separating the United States and the Muslim world.
The president of the University of Miami says she was interrogated at the Ben Gurion International Airport in Israel last month.
NEW YORK — Michael R. Bloomberg isn't known here as the Jewish mayor.