- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Mad dash for Nome: Dallas Seavey wins his second Iditarod dog race
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - American League
With the Braves moving into their new stadium in Cobb County in 2017, one man wants to keep baseball within the confines of Turner Field.
Detroit Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias is expected to be out for about a week because of a recurring shin problem.
Max Scherzer allowed a second-inning homer by Yankees newcomer Brian McCann, but the Detroit right-hander was otherwise sharp in his first start of the spring Friday, yielding only that one hit in the Tigers' 7-4 loss to the New York Yankees.
Lucas Harrell won a team-best 11 games as a rookie in 2012 before a terrible season a year ago, when he led the American League with 17 losses and got bumped into the bullpen.
After two years of trying to outslug the rest of the American League, the Detroit Tigers are taking a new approach.
The 2013 and 2014 salaries of the 146 players in salary arbitration, as obtained by The Associated Press from player and management sources. The 2014 salaries include earned bonuses. For players with multiyear contracts (x-ending multiyear contract; y-beginning multiyear contract), the salaries listed are the average annual values of the contracts. (w-arbitration winner; l-arbitration loser).
Out goes Nate Karns, and back from Tampa Bay come Drew Vettleson and Felipe Rivero -- and a whole lot of potential.
Fitting in with a new team is old news for Matt Garza.
New Detroit Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler doesn't mind admitting he had gotten comfortable in Texas.
Yu Darvish got right down to business when the Texas Rangers' pitchers and catchers reported to spring training on Sunday.