- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest American Military Items
We've seen this movie before. Spectacular photos of Tomahawk cruise missiles being launched from American Navy vessels. B-2 bombers piloted by amazing American crews making nonstop trips from Missouri to the Mediterranean. And Americans of all political stripes asking: What's the plan?
"Watching [Ken] Jennings and Brad Rutter, the two most successful human 'Jeopardy!' champions, try to keep up with Watson last night was fascinating," writes Blake Eskin at the New Yorker blog News Desk.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said Thursday that the U.S. should make sure Iraq's stability and democracy are strong enough to make it "a country that was worthy of the sacrifices" the American military has made during eight years of war.
It is a sad and potentially fatal fact that most Americans know virtually nothing about the U.S. military. That astounding reality is all the more incredible given that our survival ultimately depends on the men and women in uniform who defend this country.
Fed up with 'Godless' trees and other inclusive holiday fare, two Chester County, Pa., commissioners have voted to stop letting groups with multiple political or cultural agendas set up holiday decorations on the courthouse lawn of West Chester.
Iran kicked off five days of air-defense war games Tuesday to display the country's capabilities in protecting its nuclear facilities from possible attack, state television reported.
Departing House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton said Thursday that he fears a chasm will develop between U.S. military troops and the rest of the citizenry.
Liberals of the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) left are really angry now. On Sept. 21, despite their multimillion-dollar public-relations and lobbying campaign, the U.S. Senate refused to impose a radical social experiment on the American military. Had the LGBT forces prevailed, military men and women would be required to pay the price. Liberals in Congress don't care - in the debate so far, they have treated the troops as an afterthought.
Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. returned to Iraq on Monday to mark the formal end to U.S. combat operations and to push the country's leaders to end a six-month stalemate blocking the formation of a new government.