- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
American Psychiatric Association
Latest American Psychiatric Association Items
A Floridian with an IQ as high as 75 may be diagnosed as mentally disabled and be eligible for help getting a job. But on death row, the state says having an IQ higher than 70 categorically means an inmate is not mentally disabled and may be executed.
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray on Thursday announced that the city will recognize gender identity disorder as a medical condition and mandate insurance companies cover associated treatments — including gender-reassignment surgery.
The push to ban sexual-orientation "change" therapy for children is growing as lawmakers in at least eight states have introduced bills to outlaw the practice and gay-rights advocates expect at least a few to become law this year.
More than 900 people are eligible for autism-related services because of a change in the official definition of the disorder, but South Carolina has a waiting list for some kinds of help.
Zero: That’s the percent of children suffering from attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, a neurologist said in his new book, “ADHD Does Not Exist: The Truth About Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder.”
Rep. Tim Murphy, Pennsylvania Republican, unveiled legislation Thursday he says will help fix nation's broken mental health system and empower families and individuals to get treatment for those who need it, as lawmakers grapple with possible legislative remedies to help stop gun-related violence.
Pedophilia is not a "sexual orientation," and erroneous use of that phrase will be corrected soon in its new manual on mental illnesses, the American Psychiatric Association said Thursday.
As a new edition of the manual of mental disorders used to diagnose psychiatric conditions hits publishers, employers are concerned that the expansion of definitions for some types of disabilities will open them to more lawsuits and complaints of disability discrimination.