- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest American Samoa Items
A socialist City Council member in Seattle recently told an audience that concerns about raising minimum wage were unduly ratcheted due to an analysis by a "right-wing think tank" — only the data was written by the Obama administration's Government Accountability Office.
American Samoa's governor is recovering at a Washington, D.C. hospital after being admitted last week for an unknown illness.
The U.S. Department of Labor is opening a new office in American Samoa to help employers comply with federal labor law.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Honolulu is helping promote science, technology, engineering and math education in American Samoa schools.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration has cited a company in connection with a job-site fatality in American Samoa.
American Samoa is granting amnesty to immigrants living in the U.S. territory illegally.
Congress soon will vote on raising the federal minimum wage to more than $10 per hour. Few realize that, from the perspective of many employers, the government has already done this.
The Senate on Friday approved a $60.4 billion emergency spending aid package for victims of Hurricane Sandy that had been backed by Senate Democrats.
American Samoa is banning shark fishing in its waters in hopes of stopping the population's decline.