- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest American Samoa Items
American Samoa is keeping most schools closed for the rest of the week as the U.S. territory tries to contain a pink eye outbreak that has affected at least 2,400 students and teachers, disrupted court hearings and kept some passengers from boarding flights.
The minimum wage hike that Congress imposed on two U.S. territories in 2007 has harmed their economies so profoundly that it's prompted howls for mercy from both governors.
A socialist City Council member in Seattle recently told an audience that concerns about raising minimum wage were unduly ratcheted due to an analysis by a "right-wing think tank" — only the data was written by the Obama administration's Government Accountability Office.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Honolulu is helping promote science, technology, engineering and math education in American Samoa schools.
American Samoa is granting amnesty to immigrants living in the U.S. territory illegally.
American Samoa is banning shark fishing in its waters in hopes of stopping the population's decline.
President Obama and some congressional Democrats are united in their opposition to an increase in the minimum wage.
Two days after winning for the first time in its soccer history, American Samoa stretched its unbeaten run to two games.