- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - American Urban Radio Networks
American Urban Radio Networks is the result of a merger between the National Black Network, founded by Unity Broadcasting in 1973, and the Sheridan Broadcasting Network, founded in 1972 as the Mutual Black Network. The merger took place in the late 1980s. American Urban Radio Networks is an African American owned network radio company in the United States. It is one of the largest networks reaching urban America, with more than 300 weekly shows, American Urban Radio Networks reaches an estimated 25 million listeners . - Source: Wikipedia
President Obama's spokesman said Tuesday that he doesn't think racism is to blame for the budget and debt impasse with congressional Republicans, two days after an anti-Obama demonstrator waved a Confederate flag in front of the White House in the midst of tea-party backed protest.
Republican Mitt Romney is renewing his focus on the nation's economy while facing continued pressure to break his silence on a GOP Senate candidate's statement that any pregnancy resulting from rape is "something God intended."
A Chicago bishop attending an Easter prayer breakfast at the White House on Wednesday was wearing a hoodie in apparent solidarity with Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black teenager who was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Florida.
First, "Star Wars"; now, gender wars. Consider that NASA has unveiled the amazing R2 -- short for Robonaut 2 -- a new astronaut "helper" robot that has been under development by the federal space agency and General Motors since 1997.
Months after economists declared the U.S. recession over, unemployment numbers paint a clear picture of why America's urban areas are hurting. With elections looming next year for all 435 House seats, the Congressional Black Caucus recently sent a letter to President Obama asking for federal dollars to create jobs and job-training opportunities for blacks.